Breakages should be dealt with swiftly to minimize your exposure to the mercury inside CFL lamps.
- Firstly ventilate the room for approximately 15 minutes and switch off any air conditioning units
- After the room as ventilated use protective gloves and try to avoid inhaling dust.
- Pick up as much of the lamp debris as possible and put into a sealable container.
- Sweep up remaining pieces with minimum dust movement.
- Use a self adhesive tape to pick up as much of the remaining glass as possible.
- To clean the affected area use a damp cloth or vacuum, empty the vacuum after.
- Allow the room to ventilate for as long as possible.
- Dispose of the broken lamp at your local council recycling center. As Mercury is hazardous do not put into general waste.